welcome

thank you for visiting my blog site..
My stories are about my experiences as an islander,
the postings of my activities reflect the life I live in a tropical island, the inspirations, the sea, the immersions,.. i hope to share these experiences for all viewers who share the same passion,... art!

all images posted here are the property of the artist, no reproductions allowed in any form without the permission or consent from the artist.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

previous work

good day, everyone..
I saw a whale shark again yesterday while aboard  a pump boat going for swimming with my friends.
You could tell easily if there's one ,-there's this flock of seabirds, going around in this area of water.
The creature feeds on krills- a tiny organism that look like shrimps,when its around its color is reddish brown.There are also other fishes like jack fish, scud and small tuna, all are participating in the feast.
So I jump into the water and found this 80 foot long gentle creature

Unfortunately I don't have an underwater camera, but same excitement are expressed in this acrylic painting I did 3 years ago:

the link below is my painting posted in an art website fineartamerica.com
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/whale-shark-morning-jonathan-benitez.html

whale shark morning, acrylic on canvas, 34x26 inches

whale shark dawn, 36x24 inches, acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment